10 books for Archiphiles of all ages
Updated: Aug 23, 2019
With the gift giving season upon us, we’ve come up with a list of ten books for archiphiles of all ages. And to make your shopping easier, all can be ordered on line from chapters.indigo.ca
1. Eames: Beautiful Details, by Eames Dimitrious $41.54
This just released coffee table book celebrates the life and work of the husband and wife design duo.
2. Archidoodle: The Architect’s Activity Book, by Steve Bowkett $16.46
An educational book for children of ages that explores everything from how to read an architectural plan, to the work of major architects.
3. Roberto The Insect Architect by Nina Laden $15.19
A termite dreams of being an architect and moves to the big city to pursue his passion. This charming book is one of Richard Davignon’s favourites.
4. Built to Last by David Macauley $32.99
A beautifully illustrated book that explains the how and why of iconic architectural structures.
5. Young Frank, Architect by Frank Viva $14.40
A boy and his architect grandfather visit the department of architecture and design at The Museum of Modern Art in New York.
6. Moxie: The Dachshund of Fallingwater by Cara Armstrong $16.68
Children learn all about Frank Lloyd Wright’s iconic building through the eyes of a little dog.
7. Ando: Complete Works 1975-2014, Edited by Philip Jodidio, $52.50
A completely up to date monograph of the work of Pritzker Prize winning architect Tadao Ando, who Philipe Starck calls a mystic.
8.Lego Architecture Visual Guide by Phil Wilkinson, $42.00
Ever wonder how they translated Frank Lloyd Wright’s Falling Water into Lego? This book tells you how.
9. 1000X Architecture of the Americas, Editor: Braun $99.00
This book features acclaimed and emerging architecture in the Western Hemsiphere. It’s a particular favourite of ours because we’re in it.
10. Moleskine Large Sketchbook, $24.95
For when inspiration strikes. This version of the iconic notebook has heavier paper than the classic.